David Logan Kennamer
Robert L. Jones
John W. Boggess
Pleasant Jacob Kennamer
John Wesley Maples
Elbert R. Campbell
Walter J. Kennamer
David C. Kennamer, Sr.
Samuel Elbert Kennamer
Henry D. Stephens
W.G. Jones, Sr.
George S. Butler
William Sidney Kennamer
Peter F. Maples
J.R. Kennamer, Sr.
J.R. Kennamer, Jr.
Site of the First
The Town Well
Kennamer & Campbell Store
Hodges Barber Shop
Church of Christ
Design By - Donald Derrick
Copyright © 2006
Woodville Methodist Chapel
The Woodville United Methodist Church closed its door
after 124 years of Christian worship.
A final service was held at 11:00am, Sunday, June 9, 1996.
The original Methodist Church was built in 1871. It
was the first church building in Woodville.
Therefore, it was also used for meetings of other denominations until they
were able to build their
own. The church was also used by different organizations as a meeting
The original building no longer exists. The
present building was constructed in 1912 on land donated by members of the
community. It is the oldest church building in Woodville. It
today as it was originally constructed, a white frame building with very
Over the years many improvements and changes have
been made to the church, such as
Sunday school classrooms, a kitchen, and a bathroom. The church was
originally heated by
a large pot bellied stove, which was later replaced by gas heaters. In
1970, central heating and
air conditioning was installed.
In July of 1998, the North Alabama Conference
deeded the church to the Town of Woodville.
The church then became known as the Woodville Methodist Chapel. The
Woodville Parks and Recreation Board and other members of the community have
made repairs and improvements to
the building since that time.
The Chapel is now being used as a meeting place for
civic and community organizations. It is
also used for weddings and family gatherings.